Apple has started a service program to repair Defective iPhone 6s and 6s Plus. Not all the phones are Defective but there are some units that refuse to power on. Apple does not disclose any detail about this failure of not powering on.
Apple Initiates Service Program for Defective iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
The affected devices fall within a limited serial number range. All those phones manufactured between October 2018 and August 2019 are eligible to repair. There’s a serial number checker on the program’s web page. If you are among the unlucky ones you have three possible courses of action
- Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider
- Go to an Apple Retail Store
- Arrange with Apple Support to send the phone in the mail.
Additionally, if you already faced this issue in the past, and had to repair it out of warranty, you can contact Apple for a refund.
Terms and Conditions:
- Apple may restrict or limit repair to the original country or region of purchase.
- If you believe your iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus was affected by this issue, and you paid to repair your device, you can contact Apple about a refund.
- This worldwide Apple program doesn’t extend the standard warranty coverage of the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
- The program covers affected iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus devices for 2 years after the first retail sale of the unit.