Fire erupts in PM Office


ISLAMABAD: A fire erupted in a bathroom on the third floor of the Prime Minister Secretariat on Monday, a spokesperson said.

“Fire broke out owing to a short-circuit in one specific area of the PM Secretariat,” a PM House spokesperson said. The fire was brought under control owing to the timely response of fire brigades and the fire extinguishing equipment available at the PM House, the spokesperson added.

All PM House staff members remained safe during the fire, the spokesperson stated. The PM Office was evacuated following the fire.

Prime Minister Imran Khan was holding a meeting inside the building when the fire erupted.

The premier continued his meeting despite reports of the fire, according to sources. However, when PM Imran was informed again about the fire, he said that first the staff be evacuated and then he will leave, sources added.