Sometimes intentionally, in panic or accidentally we lose an important WhatsApp chat which is important and we, later on, regret forgetting it deleted. So today we are here to get you out of this distressing situation all you need to do is follow our ways through which you can restore your deleted WhatsApp chats.
To recover a deleted WhatsApp is a very difficult task. We can get it back only if you have a backup of your chats saved on iCloud or Google Drive backup. So if you want to restore your deleted WhatsApp data then make sure you have already got a backup of the data which is the very first thing or if you have never got a backup of your data then you will never be able to get back any of your lost messages or chats.
And yes a word of caution is sometimes in during the process of recovering the data you have to uninstall your WhatsApp and then again restore it from the most recent backup. This means you might also lose some of your message that you have received in between the time of your last backup when your important chat got deleted. So, before you move ahead to be sure if that deleted chat is worth risking your likely some of the data.
So, before we begin, remember that you are using the same phone number as well as the same Google account that had been used to create the backup. So, let’s get started.
How to restore your backup using Google Drive or iCloud backup
- Uninstall WhatsApp
- Now reinstall it on your phone.
- Verify your account using the same phone number
- One the setup is complete you will be prompted to restore your chats and media from iCloud for iPhone and Google Drive if you are using an Android phone.
- Tap restore
- One the initialisation is complete you will be able to see all your chats.
- After restoring your chats WhatsApp will restore all your media files to your phone.
Another way to restore your lost data is from local backups on your Android phone. This method does not work for iOS. Before we proceed one thing which you should know is that your phone will only store local backup files of up to the last seven days. These are created automatically every day at 2 AM and saved as a file in your device.
- Open File Manager in your phone
- Now navigate to WhatsApp>Databases. You can find all your backup files here stored locally on your phone.
- Now rename the backup file msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12 to msgstore.db.crypt12 to prevent it from being overwritten.
- Then go to Google Drive tap the three vertical lines> Backups. Here delete the WhatsApp backup to force your device to restore from the local backup only.
- Then Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
- Restore chats when prompted from a local backup and you will get back your deleted chats.