Sharing a location is something you should like the back of your hand. Because nowadays everyone is dependent on Google Maps for reaching their destination. One might be completely oblivious to the directions of a place, but they can still reach it just because of Google Maps.
Considering this, it is of utmost importance that you know how to share the location of a particular place if someone asks it. Otherwise, they will face a lot of inconveniences. One generally shares location through WhatsApp. In this article, we will teach you how to do that.
WhatsApp location sharing differs when it comes to Android and iPhones. First of all, we are going to teach you how to share location through WhatsApp on iPhone. Here are the steps for your assistance:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap the chats tab. You can find this option at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, tap a conversation. Any conversation will do, once you tap on it the chat of a particular contact would open. You can also choose to start a new conversation by tapping on “New Message”.
- Now tap the plus icon that is situated at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Now you will be able to see a pop-up menu where you have to choose the “Location” option.
- Now tap on “Send Your Location”.
Once you have done this, your location will be sent to your respective contact. Android users have to go through a different process for sending a location. In case you are an Android user, then consult the following steps:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Open the chats tab and tap on a conversation.
- Now tap on the paperclip icon situated on the right-hand corner of the messaging bar.
- Now, you will see multiple sharing options, like contact, audio, document etc. One of them will be location, tap on it.
- Now tap on “Send your current location” and your work is done.
Similarly, you can also send your live location. Which is one of the icons next to the location icon. This will enable the contact to track your movement for up to 8 hours. Remember this uses a lot of battery life, but comes handy when in distress.